Entrepreneurship is indeed challenging. Your heart, your life, and your wallet are on the line and you feel compelled to do it all. But know this: no one is Superman; no one is perfect. Brad Cohen, noted speaker and author, said it well, “Everyone, regardless of ability or disability, has strengths and weaknesses. Know what yours are. Build on your strengths and find a way around your weaknesses.”
What Are the Strengths and Weaknesses?
Simply stated, strengths are things that you do well, or skills that you are good at. Weaknesses are things that you aren’t so good at. Strengths are your particularly positive attributes. Weaknesses are things that you can improve on. It makes the most sense to focus on strengths and leverage them. There is a greater outcome (and better use of your time) by focusing on strengths instead of stressing over and focusing on weaknesses.
How to Identify and Build on Your Strengths
Here are several ways to identify your strengths:
- Reflect on what tasks and skills you particularly enjoy and get the most energy from, as well as those that provide you with success.
- Think about those personal attributes and skills that best define you as an individual.
- Ask your closest friends and associates to provide feedback. What do they admire about you? What do they think you do best? Entrepreneurship requires the confidence and strengths of others, so involve them!
- Use some assessment instruments to give you measures of your strengths to consider.
Benefits of Building on Strengths
Successful entrepreneurship is based on wise use of your skills. People who leverage their strengths have been determined to be:
- Less stressed
- More energized and confident
Three Things to Do to Achieve Entrepreneurship Success
- Leverage your own strengths
- Fully engage your team–utilize their strengths
- Outsource areas of weakness
Get Expert Assistance
Contact Monstera Lending Group for expert business financing and marketing assistance. They offer a variety of services to benefit you and help create new possibilities for your business future.